Friday, October 22, 2010

Three Red Apples


When I was younger ( I don't remember exactly how young.. too young to drive.. too young to go out by myself in general... but big enough to use a needle responsibly?... big enough to want to use a needle responsibly.) I remember that my grandma Rogers would teach me bits about how to needle point. i think i made something with a little dog on it? thats probably still in a trunk i have of fond memories from her. i distinctly remember a few things from my time visiting her. walks to the nearby mall for a small order of mcdonalds french fries, needlepoint, moth balls?, and her sugar free (she was diabetic) delicious orange no bake cheesecake. my mouth waters at the thought of that cheesecake. you know the feeling, when you can remember exactly how a spoonful feels on your tongue. ...yeah.

well, although i remember vaguely how to do a needlepoint/cross stitch... i would by no means say "I can cross stitch" I could probably do it for myself... but I wouldn't let someone else depend on my ability. kind of like swimming. But I haven't made anything since those fond memories with my grandma. Then. I saw these pieces.... and they really make me wish that I still did it, or kept at it, or just made it a part of my resume :D I originally found out about this work from the site: Epheriell Designs . And I love it! It's from an Etsy shop called 





After seeing those, who wouldn't wish that they still had that handiwork ability?


(After rereading what I wrote I realized maybe the correct word is embroider? or are needlepoint cross stitch and embroider all the same? I'm not sure...)

No comments: