Saturday, November 20, 2010

knit or crochet for others

i am so very incredibly excited about a little discovery i made today! (tonight). 


As I was skimming some photos and projects I ran across a tutorial about crochet. I thought it would be interesting to see (since I myself, although technically i do know how to do it i often just fudge together stuff and i'm not so technical, so i figured a technical 5 minute how to video would do me some good). what i stumbled onto though... was much more than a crochet tutorial! (which i did in fact say ohhh that's how you do that part!). landsend.com was donating their yarn to knitters and crocheters, using a few select patterns they then knitted or crocheted blocks, mailed those blocks off, and there were other groups that put the blocks together into blankets that they are going to donate to families that need some more warmth! through the foundation warm up america. i'm so excited and wish that i could be a part of it!! it sounds like such a great idea.  plus: they also shared another tutorial.. on how to knit! i'm excited about that since i'm trying to teach myself.. mind you... im reading a book and haven't bought the needles yet.. but im getting there. this tutorial showed me just how easy it can be! although.. from the looks of it, still harder than crochet. 
you can go to these websites for more information:


landsend.com/feelgood (feel good is the name of the yarn they donate)
and to see a better explanation:





No comments: