Friday, November 12, 2010

a headband.

i used to wear a headband nearly every day of the week. my favorite being s childsize belt that i found in a thrift store and loved the pattern too much to not buy it. you cant tell its a belt... until the metal hoops decide to slip out the back, to which someone always says hey... is that a belt?? i also have many a scarf, scraps of fabric, and a few ties which i used to wear more often than now. not sure why, except that i can never get it secured tight enough to my head for my comfort. 
today i ran across this:

It's a headband that she didn't even sew or crochet. It's braided from a cut up t-shirt! She based the design off a headband from anthropology. i find myself liking it very much, and would love to try to make it... maybe it will get me back into wearing headbands more often... to see her tutorial and visit her site (which i am about to go back and do again:) ) her site is Sew Homegrown





2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks great!! Great find =) I'm loving your blog! You Shud turn on the mobile version so it reads easier on phones. That's where I do a lot of my blog reading! x

Julie said...

Hi!... I have no idea why but I just read your comment, I never received an alert that it was there!... going to have to look into that.. wow, I'm sorry! thanks for commenting, I will look into the mobile version!