Saturday, March 19, 2011

felt and crochet yourself and apartment

I won't lie, when I first saw this picture, I was looking more specifically at the benches and trying to figure out if we could easily do that ourselves in our own apartment, if it would be easier than this long journey of getting ahold of some palettes (which by the way a student of mine offered to give us some from his business... just before he went on vacation (the week before i'm going on vacation... so thats been put on hold). 

so as i was looking at the benches in the picture and looking around our own apartment as I looked at the picture again I noticed the awesome and how could you have missed it the first time bright rug in the center of the photo. it turns out that it is braided and felted wool, and it's just one piece made by fashion designer Dana Barnes, who began making them solely based on the need to soundproof her warehouse studio apartment for her young children. through pinterest I found this blog post and through that blog this post on the new york times site.

you should go check out all of the awesome photos and the story at the times site. 



No comments: